Upward Basketball & Cheerleading
Current Schedules and Information
ABOUT UPWARDUpward is a sports ministry specifically designed for kindergarten through 6th grade boys and girls that promotes Christian values, character, and self-esteem in every child. Upward Basketball and Cheerleading is designed to reveal the winner in every child.
Every child plays. Every child learns. Every child IS a Winner!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I get/turn in an application? Our applications are available on our website (PDF). Area schools, businesses and churches also have brochures. Completed applications can be mailed to our church (PO Box 264, Flushing) or dropped off at our building (24-hr/day). Registration is also available online for your convenience.
- Who do I make the league fee check out to? Checks are payable to Flushing Community Church.
- My child played last year, do I need to purchase a new jersey?? Yes. Upward changes league colors each year and the jersey is built into the league fees.
- Can my pre-schooler play? No. We allow Junior Kindergarten through 6th grade only.
- Do I have to come to an evaluation night? Yes. This gives us the best method of determining teams and getting proper sizes for uniforms
- Do I have to be at evaluations for 2 hours? No. You can come between 6-8PM and plan on staying between 45 minutes to 1 hour. We do our best to keep the process moving quickly.
- What if I cannot attend evaluations on my assigned night? No problem. You can attend any night that works with your schedule. We assign nights to help with traffic flow.
- Can I request to play with a friend or a specific coach? No. Due to the size and complexity of our league, we are unable to honor such requests
- What are evaluation nights? These nights allow us to double check your registration, make any payments plus get sized for your cheer or basketball uniform. Players go through a series of drills that we score to help us form well balanced teams. Of course, we have some great snacks and make it a lot of fun, too!
- What night will my child have practice? Practices take place M-F from 5-8PM. Younger children practice earlier in the night. Practice schedules will not be available until mid to late December after teams have been established
- When will I receive my practice and game schedule? You should receive a call by the end of December from your coach letting you know your practice day and time. You will receive a game schedule at your first practice in the beginning of January.
- Is it too late to sign up my child for basketball or cheerleading? There are openings in a few divisions and there are others that are full. Please call 810-516-1815 to inquire about signing up.
- Can I call with questions? Yes - please do. Our office is NOT located at our church building but you may call 810-732-0282 with questions
- Sponsorship Information Flier (for 2012-13 Season)
- Pictures from Jan 28 2012 Games
- Pictures from Jan 15 2011 Games - First Games of 2011 Season
- Pictures from Jan 16 2010 Games - First Games of 2010 Season
- Pictures from Jan 24 2009 Games - 12pm 1pm 2pm 3pm 4pm
- Pictures from Jan 17 2009 Games - 9am 10am 11am 12pm
- 2008 Upward Basketball Evaluation Nights - Dec 2007
- 2007 Upward Basketball Game Day Feb 10 2007
- 2007 Upward Basketball Evaluation Nights - Dec 2006